Is viral RNA extraction necessary for amplifying genes from coronaviruses, like SARS-CoV-2?
NOT ANY MORE!
PCRopsis Reagent RVD allows you to perform direct RT-qPCR from nasopharyngeal / oropharyngeal samples transported in BD Universal Viral Transport media or Copan ESwab.
- Mix sample 1:1 with Reagent RVD
- Heat to 95C for 5 minutes
- DONE… use ~5 uL into your RT-qPCR mix (can use 5 uL into a total 20 uL reaction)
- Reagent RVD is an alternative to RNA extraction
- Offers comparable RT-qPCR results to RNA extraction procedures for many applications in 5 MINUTES
- Cost a fraction of traditional RNA extraction procedures, with fewer steps
- Compatible with leading microbial transport medias
- Compatible with most leading RT-qPCR kits and master mixes
- Compatible with automated sample processing equipment… no need to be locked into vendor specific instruments
- Reagent RVD is stored and shipped at room temperature
PCRopsis Reagent RVD versus the competition:
Comparable RT-qPCR Results to Traditional RNA Extraction
More information at: